Wednesday 19 August 2009

Ready To Go

My backpack is packed (it weighs 24lb) and I'm raring to go. I'm even filing this blog from my mobile to check I can do it! I've altered the route so that I can stop off to camp at two places I particularly want to overnight -wild at Black Sail Pass in the middle of the Lake District mountains and on the grass outside the famously remote Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge on the Yorkshire Moors.

To make it work, I'm going to have a testing first day doing 23 up-and-down miles from St Bees to Black Sail. If I fail to make it, I've drawn up a back-up itinerary to catch up which sacrifices some of the stopover points I am looking forward to.

The weather forecast for St Bees is for sun and showers. Hopefully more of the former than the latter.

I've been spurred on by the fantastic donations, which should soon pass my £500 target thanks to the generosity of family and friends. Now I just have to do my bit and come out alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment